200 W. Adams
|Location: Chicago, IL||Launch Property Website|
|Certification: LEED Gold|
|Square Footage: 683,000|
|Owner: Green Cities III, L.P.|
- 32-story, 683,000 sq. ft. Class A commercial office building with 13,5000 sq. ft. of retail
- Retail tenants include Au Bon Pain, Starbucks and Walgreens
- Highly desirable location in Chicago’s Central Business District in the West Loop, adjacent to an “L” stop—Chicago’s main public transit system which services all areas of the urban core
- Extensive building renovations included remodels of the main lobby and elevator lobbies and a new, amenity floor with a fitness center, yoga studio, rock climbing wall, locker rooms, a tenant lounge and a fully-equipped conferencing facility
- Two, secure bicycle storage rooms were added with 42 bike parking spots and adjacent showers and locker rooms for commuters
- A building-wide composting program was put in place—one of the first of its kind for commercial properties in Chicago—and e-waste recycling was permanently added to the waste management program
- In 2017, a Green Ambassador Program was implemented. The team, which consists of 15 tenant representatives, meets quarterly with building management to discuss promoting sustainability within their respective offices and to review building-wide programs.
- The building is LEED Gold certified and Energy Star certified. In 2018, the property earned LEED Gold re-certification via Arc with a score of 73/100. Arc is a new certification platform from the U.S. Green Building Council that awards certification levels based on actual building performance in five key areas: energy, water, waste, transportation and human comfort.